It has been a while since The Writers’ Block ran an art prompt writing contest. Halloween came shortly after our last art contest seeking a writing prompt, and we ran a scary story contest. Since then both of the admins @gmuxx and @rhondak attended Steemfest in Krakow, Poland, so things have been somewhat busy.
The winner of our last writing prompt art contest was @pyemoney with the following photograph.
This photo prompted the judges to imagine all manner of beasts and critters living in holes between the roots of this gnarly tree. But, of course, entrants to this contest are free to take their stories in whatever direction the prompt guides them.
- Writers are tasked with using the above photograph as a story prompt from which they will write an original piece of fiction.
- Entrants will post the photograph on their stories, attributing it to @pyemoney.
- The length should be between 500 and 1500 words.
- Authors should post their entry on their own blog and then link to their post in the replies below.
- One entry per user only.
- Use the tag #twbwritingcontest.
- This contest will run for two weeks, ending at 23:59 on December 1st.
- The overall winner will receive 20 Steem, second place will get 10 Steem, and third will be sent 5 Steem.
Many thanks to @curie for supporting @thewritersblock contests.